Energy Manager is Pulse's flagship energy management portal, primarily targeted at large commercial customers and energy managers.
As creative lead, I oversaw the workflow, interaction and interface design. As this was a product for expert users, functionality was extensive and included:
- Ability for users to manage large portfolios (100s of buildings)
- Allowing users to create their own savings goals and custom actions
- Sending informational alerts that help users to not only be aware of, but to investigate issues
- Provide mechanisms to easily manipulate the data e.g. display different units, cost, CO2; create quick comparisons of time and spaces
- Measurement and verification of savings
Each instance of the application had to be configured to comply with the customer's brand guidelines—from typefaces and colors to overall look and feel.